Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A New Habitat

Yeah, it's definitely time to leave The Nest.  I am metaphorically spreading my wings and busting outta this joint.  :)  Thank you to all the people who offered to chuck me out of there, or who thought that maybe if we all combined our nests into this big giant nesty mansion, at least we'd all be together, even in our gloomy states.  I liked that idea a lot.  :)

Photo - I haven't showered in two days.  I'm not even kidding.

I am doing okay today.  I went to lunch with my sisters, (Tuesday afternoon is the standing Sister Lunch Date) and I tried a new sandwich that was orgasmic.  I mean, I had no idea sandwiches were even CAPABLE of being like the O word, I mean a little meat and cheese between two pieces of bread isn't exactly something to write home about, but OH.MY.WORD.  I couldn't eat enough.  The sandwich was 8 inches, and I ate every inch!  If you have not yet tried Firehouse Subs, go there now.  And ask for the #5.  And then O out.  Or whatever.

Anyway, I had no idea sandwiches were capable of cheering me up so.  And things are improving too, because when I woke up this morning the weather was really dismal and gray and rainy, but as I type this now, the sun is shining and the birds are tweeting and it is a brave 62 degrees, and I'll take it!  I'm going to take the kids for a walk soon, just to look at the trees and flowers and get some fresh air.

I think reaching out to all of you guys helped a bit, even if I was simply saying, Hey, I don't want to be alone right now.  After I blogged yesterday, I actually wrote my T an email, and told her everything that I should have told her earlier that day, in person during our session.  But better late than never, right?  And I felt so much better after I hit send!  There was some crap I needed to get out, and I'm glad I finally did.  Nothing is necessarily all fixed or worked out, but at least I'm not carrying it all alone anymore, right?  And that's got to count for something.  There is a life lesson here - ASK FOR HELP AND DON'T ISOLATE, AND STOP BEING STUPID, WHILE YOU'RE AT IT - and I hope I can actually take it into my stubborn little heart and learn from it.  These past couple of weeks have been pretty bleak, and I don't want to experience that anymore.  Isolating never!  Having people around forever!

So, instead of us all having our individual NESTS OF GLOOM, why don't we all join together and have a HABITAT OF HAPPINESS?  There will be no nests, just an environment that is open and happy and silly and friendly?  And if we do feel gloomy, we can just help each other bust out of it, before the nest starts to creep it's way in?  NESTS ARE NOT WELCOME IN THIS HABITAT!  Yuusss!

I love ya guys.  You all rock.  Da end.
(I'm going to go shower now.) (I promise I won't come back, until I have.) (No more gross pictures of me.) (I swear.)

6 comments:

Katie said...

I agree! Sounds like my type of place!

brie said...

If its possible, that sandwich paragraph may be even dirtier than I intended it to be! Whoooeeeee.

Heather Lindquist said...

You're so funny. : )

alriggells said...

YAY for a HABITAT OF HAPPINESS

po said...

I do the isolating thing too, and actually I don't think it is a bad thing at all. If it is a temporary thing. The reason I do it is because when I feel something strongly I can't speak at all, I just have to deal with the feeling and wait until it gets less strong. It is just so overwhelming. Then I need to be quiet and process the feeling and my thoughts about it. This processing can take quite a loooong time. After that I would be ready to talk about it with someone. I think it might be an introvert thing, some people process their thoughts and emotions by speaking and others by thinking, and I am the thinking type! So long as we don't isolate forever we are just doing what we need to do, and since you emailed your T afterwards you are doing really well!

firefly said...

Hey Brie:Just caught up on your blog. I hope Cade's school performance was filled with cuteness. Aww love kids! Oh it sounds like you were a bit glum lately. I took one look at your Mia's picture with that orange thing in her hair and wonder how can you be so glum with that smile in your life? Not saying that you can't have those feelings and I know how hard it can be being with kids all day. I just think your kids are so adorable.(Sh! Don't tell Cade I used that word to describe him. LOL. I guess calling him pretty would be worse or so my sis says with her son.)
As for intuitive eating I understand how scary that would be. I would love the freedom it provides but my anxiety and worry probably wouldn't let me experience freedom. I can see how it would be much more taxing on the brain then following a meal plan. It sounds like you are doing what is safe for you right now and I admire that.
As for not having anything to write I don't think that is possible. Give us a funny kid story of the day. Each day you could list something you are thankful for. I think you like to take pictures right? You could do the picture of the day thing. Sending you hugs!

P.S. It says I'm from Portsmouth NH on your visiting log. I'm from Greenland. I know my town has been in the news since last Thursday night. Hopefully the media will go home.