Friday, April 27, 2012

I'm a Purist

when it comes to Diet Coke.

I'm serious.

I like it pure, on it's own, right out of a can, just like God intended it to be.  (God gifted us Diet Coke because He loves us, along with mustard, lip gloss, and TOMS).

And, I'm kind of a snot about it.

If you dilute your Diet Coke with a lemon or lime wedge, or maybe ask for a dash of vanilla...
...I turn my nose up at you, because you are tainting the sanctity of the Almighty DC.

If you want it out of the fountain, even if you have a choice to drink it out of the can, where it is at its maximum fizzy ability, so that the burn factor as it goes down your throat is at it's highest, I scoff.

I scoff at you.  For wanting the diluted, weak, and pathetic pseudo-version that can barely even pass for Diet Coke.

If you want it over ice, or even if you drink Coke Zero, or WORSE - Diet Cherry Coke, or Diet Vanilla Coke, then it's just plain sacrilege, and we can't be friends anymore.

And if you drink Diet Pepsi?
Then you are going to Hell.  :)


Photo - this picture is great, on so many levels.  I can't tell which I love more - the beautiful centerpiece of this picture, and the subject of this post - DIET COKE - or if I love the peekaboo Brandon is playing, sneaking into mine and Cade's iPad moment...
...either way, this picture is a keeper.  :)

9 comments:

brie said...

ahem. i will, however, abscond to the fact that a diet coke out of the fountain is better than NO DIET COKE AT ALL. so while i prefer a cold can of diet coke, and feel the burn down my throat...
i'll take a fountain version if i have to. although don't get me started on the rankings of all restaurants and gas stations on the flavor/strength/fizziness of their diet coke. This is a science!

HopefullyGrowing said...

AMEN!!!!

Fight 4 Ur Lyfe said...

speaking of diet coke... I need my 11 pm can of the amazingness that is DC.

Cammy said...

I only like diet Coke out of a can, it is definitely so much better than the bottle (I have to go the Zero route of bottles are the only option, sorry...).

You TOTALLY have let me know what you think of the diet Coke in Mexico. In Latin America they sweeten it differently somehow (regular Coke too, although I'm not sure what the diff is with diet since obviously they don't use cane sugar in it like the regular) and it is SO. MUCH. BETTER. I'm not sure how far you have to get from the border to get the Mexican vs US made stuff, though.

Alicia B. Designs said...

I'm totally with you on all these rules. I LOVE the taste of it right out of the can, metal and all. MMMM. I have to drink caffeine free now though b/c of stress related heart palps. just not the same but way better than Pepsi. pashaaa.

xoxo
Alicia

Adam and Cassie said...

I'm a diet Dr Pepper girl :) What does that make my fate?

Shannon said...

Want to hear something sad? This weird preggo lady cannot stand the taste of diet coke right now. Seriously. Im so sad about.it. Sigh...

CH said...

Although I concede all of these rules are more than reasonable...if desperate enough, I might drink DC warm, flat, and from a puddle.

Amy said...

I think this is my favorite post you have ever created because I feel the EXACT SAME WAY. I LOVE THE BURN!!! Although I do love an ice cold diet coke from Mcdonald, you just have to drink it before the fizz dies off.