Thursday, February 5, 2009

Graffiti and Google Analytics

Okay, first off: an insanely short update on how the T appt went: ooookaaaaay. I’m not fired. Yet, anyway. (It went actually really well, though, for seriousies.) I want to write a bit more in detail about my thoughts that have been spurred by my sesh, but I’ll save that for another post – perhaps tomorrow.

Okay. So here’s a few pics:

Mommy and Cade decorating for Valentine’s Day.


Okay…so I just took the following beavers about 20 minutes ago. See, some smelly ball sack sprayed some graffiti on our garage. It happened before we moved in, and it’s really no surprise seeing as the previous owners were hardcore meth users. I’ve been so embarrassed about it, but since it was on brick, Big B and I were a bit stymied as to how to get the, you know, gang symbols off. I felt like we were marked or something…like targeted for a home invasion or something. No bueno.

...And randomly, if Big B and I were in an argument, I’d tack on AND CLEAN UP THAT STUPID (fill in the blank “angry” word of your choice) graffiti off our house!! YOU SAID YOU’D DO IT 17 BILLION DAYS AGO! YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING YOU SAY YOU WILL! And then, inevitably, the anger (because it always, yes sadly, ALWAYS does) will turn inward and it’ll go something like this:
…I DID MY BEST! (Insert sobs) IDIDMYBEST!IDIDMYBESTIDIDMYBESTIDIDMYBEST! (They are now racking.)(Hiccup.)(And then, softly, i did my best...)

So, Bran decided we were going to try to sand it off. Not with weenie little sandpaper, but like a big time power tool thing. So B started sanding, but I decided I had so much pent up anger against that reputation (and potential marriage) ruining graffiti that I needed to take a wizack at it. And I did.

And it felt gooooooood.


So it looks better, (like, exponentially) but it’s still not c o m p l e t e l y gone. I’m not sure what to do. Boo. Double boo! At least the big sign that essentially said YOU’VE BEEN TAGGED, HOMIE is no longer there. Or, at least harder to read…

Okay, moving on: I was looking at my blog’s stats on Google Analytics, and I must say the month of February (thus far) has been a good one for Blogxygen. 1,700 site visits in just under 5 days. I was looking at some of the things people search for at Google or Yahoo and somehow find my blog, and some of my favorite are:

-Fear to pee phobia (must have brought up my Pee Air post) – another one from that post is my pee smells like oat bran. Eeeewy to the max!
-Bobbi’s hummus sucks (love this!) Bobbi’s one of my furry lovers, and I recently blogged about hummus, but I didn’t mention them both in the same post or anything!
-Nose piercing related death – okay, I cannot even tell you how many people find my blog by googling something about the dangers of nose-piercing. Since Feb 1st, I’ve had 90 views alone by people pulling up my nose-piercing post. It must be a disappointment for them seeing as I was being a major baby freak about it all… (and entirely not helpful...)
Let’s see, another good one is: does tube feeding cause weight gain, which is like a big-time no brainer. What else is tube feeding for? FUN? Hmmm…
Another goodie is “pregnant you bastard, you did this to me!” I think it came from this post.
and
Would you live in Floyd’s Knobs? I believe it came from a brief mention on the unfortunate citizens who have to live in a town with a name that has so many dirty connotations. My dirty mind cannot handle the overload of them all!

Anyway, looking on it is eva so fun! You should try it for your blog...

Okay, that’s all for now. Maybe I’ll write something deep or whatever tomorrow.

21 comments:

KC said...

how do I do that for my blog? I know it won't work anymore because I"m private, but that's pretty cool. maybe I could check it out for the HMC. and glad the t appt went well, and glad you (mostly) got the graffiti gone. yay!

brie said...

K, it's simple. Just go to

www.google.com/analytics

and you can sign up any (or all) of your blogs!

Anonymous said...

You look like you're having fun sandblasting the crap out of that brick! Go Brie!

What's that white shit that's all over your neighbor's lawn and roof? ;)

Anonymous said...

hah, you're wearing B's shoes, aren't you?? Silly girl.

brie said...

JB, that "white shit" is SNOW. You crack me up!

And NO, I'M NOT WEARING BRANDON'S SHOES! ;) I'll have you know that they're skater shoes, and *meant* to look big! ;)

Anonymous said...

Let me know when that white shit goes away and I'll visit again. ;)

Mr. C is still wearing his Cars boots -- love it!!

Ohhh, such fond memories of Target that day. :)

tawny said...

Hi hi hi! I have felt left out not having my computer hooked up for 2 days!
Love the use of the power tool on the house....don't they feel so powerful and strong?!...you go girl.
Hey I didn't know you were so popular....1700 hits...BUT then again, I knew you were. LOVES~

Arielle Lee Bair said...

Well yay for graffiti being (almost) gone!

Whitney said...

Yay, no more meth house look! I'm excited!

Krista said...

The things people search for on google are quite interesting.JB You crack me up! White shit ha ha ha!

Standing in the Rain said...

hahaha. white shit. exactly.

Laura said...

I want to have a house in Utah with you and Tawny.

(back from my time out...)

Laura said...

and Brooke too...what's one more sister? No one will ever know...however, I WILL be the shortest one. The REALLY short one....

brie said...

L, YES!! If you moved to Utah, your kids would have 27 new cousins, and you'd have 6 new really cool sisters to hang out with EVERYDAY at lunch and lounge around lauging and gossiping with. It'd be a blast, plus we'd automatically get some really rad bday cakes, haha. ;)

xoxo

PS real estate is LOTS CHEAPER in UT! ;)

Unknown said...

I grew up in a pretty bad neighborhood... my mom still lives there and so does my MIL... anyway, I've always wanted to spray paint pink flowers and hearts over whatever the taggers "claim". So, instead of the wall saying "Little Minnie" it'll say "I {heart} Little Minnie - XO".

Courtney said...

I'm so impressed by all the work you guys are doing on your house. We've been remodeling for what feels like an eternity now and living amidst construction sucks big time. I'm not good for much when it comes to construction but I do agree that those power tools are an awesome anxiety outlet. My fav's shooting things with the nail gun!

P.S. That picture of C on his scooter is priceless!

tawny said...

Hey Laura, I totally agree with Brie...we already love you and you would be our 7th sister! Then you could domesticate us all a little bit and teach us all of your skills! You cakes are seriously amazing and you have soooo much talent. no fair!

Heather Lindquist said...

I love that shot of you guys using the sand blaster thingy! Did it take long?

Sarah at Journeying With Him said...

Cade is SO cute! I love his little spiked haircut.

KC said...

ps Nils has a brick wall that was tagged too. fortunately it's at the side of the house where no one really sees it.

Brooke said...

I love to try and feel like a MAN!! ha ha ha! Try shoveling the driveway. Especially after it's sat there for a few days and turned into a sort of soft ice. Then you get to chisel away at it and rid the world of more snow! I get my anger out by slamming away at something that doesn't have feelings! Then go to the gutter and clear out the gutters and you'll let the water free underneath the ice so it can go into the drain freely.

I'm so weird. LOL.