Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend Recap

Good morning lovers! Guess what? I had a good weekend! Much better than last, that’s fo sho. I’d ask ya’ll what you thought of the superbowl, but I can’t, seeing as I didn’t watch any of it (not even the fun commercials!) but instead had a really fun and super interesting convo with my mama and some of my sisters and hubby and twin. (Think the possibility of expressing brown milk meets the likelihood of a human “doing it” with a chimp.) Fun times! Hope ya’ll had good times and refined conversation like myself. :)

A weekend discovery: I’m also allergic to SMOKE. Smoke of any kind, including the burnt popcorn kind. Last night I had a whiff of that and it just ruined me. The asthma came back, the sniffles…all because of a little burnt popcorn. I’m a hot, allergenic mess again today. Thank you, Oroville.

I’ve decided that I actually like working with the small children in church. They’re so hilarious. In nursery yesterday there was this adorable little 3 year old, B, who just loved me. Of course, I couldn’t pay her much attention with Lil C there, watching her like a hawk. Any time she’d come near me, he’d yell, GO AWAY. MY MOMMY! But they’re all so sweet and just humble and I absolutely adore how carefree and unapologetic they are for just being themselves. Big B said that in primary, there was a little 5 year old during singing time who was SO UPSET because the singing teacher kept saying after every song she’d pick whoever was the most reverent to help her with an activity, and this poor 5 year old just wasn’t getting chosen, and after every song he sang (and he gave it his all – just belting those songs and folding his arms to demonstrate his knack for reverence) he would scream HEEEEEEEY! I SANG THAT SONG THE MOOOOOOOST REVERENT! THE.MOST.RE-VER-ENT!!! They’re so silly. I loves it! It seems to be good for me to be around them. Yea verily.

I’m so in love with these. I bought 5 of them this weekend, and I’m totally going to embroider my shirts and shades and a pillow or two and hey yeah let’s throw an apron in there and maybe some hand towels. These aren’t your grandma’s embroidery patterns, people. I can’t wait for them to come!

So, I was looking through some of my posts, and last year on the superbowl I wrote a sad post about how sick Lil C was, and then the very next day was the day he went into the hospital. I was looking at him sleep this morning, and at the way his superlong lashes fanned his little cheeks, and the way his dimple shows even in his sleep, and I just had this great, swelling feeling of gratitude for this sweet, angelic baby man. PLUS I’m so glad he’s here today, healthy, and not where he was last year at this time. Having to watch your baby be horribly sick, and there being not a thing you can do about it, is the most horrifying and helpless feeling in the world. Love you, mini man. Way to be healthy!

And, I’d like to welcome my newest niece into the world, Brooklyn. She was born on January 23rd and I’ve been waiting all this time for my cute sis-in-law to post pics on her blog so I could yoink some and put them on mine. Anyway, you can now all partake of her adorableness. Welcome to Life, Brookie!

Have a great Monday! (And happy Groundhog Day and birthday, Mom!)

12 comments:

Heather Lindquist said...

Wow.....isn't wonderful to hold a new baby in your arms? Congrats on being a new auntie! Also, I'm so glad you had good weekend and great convo with the family. Oh, and I love how you use the word "yoink.".....it always makes me laugh...did you just make it up?

I think I may be allergic to smoke too....I wretch and groan at the smell of it. Ugh. So, what does that make it now, 49? Woah.

Krista said...

OMG! Ok so if you get into the whole iron-on embroidery stuff there is SUPER cute stuff on etsy.com and ebay. Just search for iron-on embroidery patches. My sisters and I bought way cute ones for the many times we have been to Disneyland to put on our kids cloths and accessories. I have to say the girl ones are bit cuter than the boy ones, but I did find cute pirate and mickey ones for Jax. But they also have just simply decorative ones. My sister just bought this wicked cool embroidery machine that you can hook up to your computer and turn almost any image into an embroidery and the machine just sews it for you. There is a lady in Lehi that sells really cute ones that she makes, if I can find out her name I will send it to you. I know she sells on ebay too.

K said...

I'm soooooooooo glad that Lil C is healthy this year!

Laura said...

you sound good. and thats great.
xo

Unknown said...

aw! New babies are the best. She's such a cutie too!

Glad you had a good weekend. We did the Superbowl thing and kinda glad we did. No one actually watches the game when they come over so it ends up being a good ol' get-together with nacho cheese on the floor and the kids yelling 'cause the kiddie gate won't let them into the kitchen.

Your Lil C is uber cute BTW... love those dimples!

ania said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K said...

I just wanted to tell you that I've been having a really hard time lately and your posts cheer me up. The happy/funny ones make me smile and the sad ones make me feel like I'm not alone. Thank you.

KC said...

glad things are looking up!

KC said...

speaking of yoink, I totally tried to play "yoink" online in scrabble and it wasn't a real word. :(

Courtney said...

I know it's been said, but I'm so happy you had a good weekend. You deserve it! Oh, and I had a long comment to one of your blogs the other day but my computer froze and erased it. Bummer. But anyways, I'm so glad you're able to look back and see how far you've come. It was ironic because the night before you posted about reading your auto I'd been going through some old emails I'd sent to my T and it shocked me to remember how bad things had been. Yet, at the same time I think each stage of recovery is hard in its own way--don't let the fact that you're not as "sick" as you once were discredit the fact that what you're going through now is REALLY hard! (OK, that's advice I should be giving myself)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good weekend -- finally! I love the pictures. Little C looks so happy. And I am in love with your hoodie!

Penny said...

I had a happy brithdays thanks to you and the others and it was fun just to sit and talk and laugh for a few moments and feel carefree. We all need it.