Thursday, February 5, 2009

Some Silly Shenanigans

(alliteration: 3 points!)

Hello my friendcicles! Hope everyone is doing swell.

So, here are some little tidbits, here and there:

· I’ve begged hired my DDF Racher who owns my most favoritist store ever, GrÜn, to re-design my blog! She’s a graphic designer who kicks A and takes names. It’ll be fab when it’s done, methinks I can’t wait. So stay tuned for the Blogxygen Amazingness to come. It’ll be muy fantastico.
· Now that I’m pretty much a bad A seamstress and, like, homemaker, I’m getting all into the Valentine spirit. I even decorated! For those of you who know me, know that this is very odd indeed. I also bought supplies to make homemade valentines – and – hold your breath – I might even make valentine’s cookies. Where has Brie gone? Methinks she’s been replaced by a seamstress (who does kick some ass, though) who also COOKS (okay, the word ‘cook’ might be s t r e t c h i n g it, but whatever) and MAKES THINGS. Cool things. I feel weird about this, but mostly because I’m actually okay with it. Who knew I’d be one to embark on creative adventures? I’m blossoming into something amazing, I tell you, amazing. ;) (But I hate the word 'blossom'. It gives me weird tingles deep within that aren't the good kind.)
· So Brandon and I went to Ikea yesterday, which was fun, but also un-fun at the end because we got lost in the maze of alluring junk we didn’t need and Swedish food (no joke there, peeps) and couldn’t find our way out. We bought a cute 3 drawer dresser for ‘Lil C that we’re going to let him paint all by himself. It’ll look like grade-A shat, but he’ll have a blast. We’re going to do that this weekend, and I’ll post pics.
· I have an appt. with the T this afternoon at 2:00. I’ll keep you posted – however vaguely, haha.

Okay, well that’s allsies. Hope you have a day filled with happiness and much frolicking.

LOVE YOU!!

Oh, and PS: Is this not the smallest scale you’ve ever seen? I saw it at Ikea yesterday and was just in reverent awe for for this teenie-weenie wonder. I’m still debating on if it’s for either a) for a fetus or b) a small animal or c) perhaps a small individual. PLUS it was only $7.99 and I would never trust something that tells me what my worth is (KIDDING) that was that cheap.

(And NO, I swearsies I didn’t weigh myself. Brandon wouldn’t hear of it. ;)

18 comments:

Standing in the Rain said...

how do you take everyday nothingness and turn it into hilariousness? simply amazing, i say!

Heather Lindquist said...

Wow! I'm so excited to see your new blog! You have so many connections......

Cade will LOVE painting that little dresser....the kids in my class are always trying to draw or use marker ont he walls of my room.....maybe I should actually purchase a piece of furnituer JUST FOR THEM so they can go to town!

And I'm so proud of you for reaching out and trying new things.....I need to do more of that!

Have an awesomly ravishing day,
Heth

Shannon said...

I love that you are buying a dresser just for your lil man to paint! Way to allow those creative juices to flow. I dont know many parents who would allow that! You must post pictures when he is finished :)

Also, shall we weigh my fetus with that miniature scale?

Krista said...

I think they should buy those scales to use at CFC. That'd scare the hell out of the patients... BWA HA HA! Just kidding that is evil.

brie said...

Krista, that's so true! It would totally make everyone feel like gross giants...LOVE IT!!

Shannon we should go weigh your sweet lil chica/fetus. It'd be fun! ;)

Whitney said...

So, I wasn't at all surprised about the seamstress or card making abilities you have...you are pretty much amazing and everything...

BUT

I'm not going to lie, when you said you might make cookies I just about shat my pants...That is incredible! Cooking is just not something that either of us have been very successful at. Let's do it. Let's become susie homemakers. We should cookie it up when I get home...maybe even make a real dinner....Guess what I learned to cook last weekend, an omlet. Who knew it was that easy? Certainly not me!

Love ya and can't wait to see you!

KC said...

you make simple things so happy and so interesting! I loves Ikea, but I didn't know they sold evil tiny scales. Can't wait to see the new blog look.

Heather Lindquist said...

Hey, I opened up the grun.com website and it's pretty dang cool? Is there a store or is it just online? I'd love to get somethikng. Oh....and one last thing, remember in a few posts before, I think it was the elephant gift thingy, where did you get that tampon holder? I want one...they're so evil but fun.

K said...

I'm glad that you are finding more and more hobbies. ED doesn't leave the time, energy, or desire for hobbies so I'm glad you are breaking free and discovering yourself, however domestic that may be. :)

Sarah said...

LOL did you try the meatballs?

KC said...

what time's the t appt?

Unknown said...

awesome crafty momma you're turning out to be. Can't wait to see the new site.

Brooke said...

Ahhh! I hate the maze of IKEA. Especially with kids. They have the day care thingy, but they always say there is a wait. Wait how? Once I get into the maze like I am going to turn around just to take the kids back there. I sometimes wonder if going there is worth the less expensive price.

Congrats though! That's cute you are going to let Cade do the work. Good mommy.

brie said...

Sarah, your meatball comment simultaneously made me laugh and throw up in my mouth a little bit. ;)

Just got home from the T appt. It went fine. More deets later, I'm off to sand some graffitti. (It's a long story.)

KC said...

update us soon ;)

Anonymous said...

That scale is disturbing.

Penny said...

How do you amke your life seem so funny? What a talent you have. Also your creative abilities will just grow and grow with use. Its fun to create something that lasts more than a few hours. So kudos for decorating your house and windows and now letting C help with the valentines and painting. He is lucky to haave you both as parents. You looked very pro and serious doing the sanding thilng. I am impressed.

Anonymous said...

Ikea is love. I spend too much time on their website. My sister makes fun of me because when we're watching TV sometimes I yell THAT'S AN IKEA CHAIR!