Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ridin' the Weight Gain Train

I hate this damn train.



I want off.

But I'm on it.  Can't bail now.


Photos - all taken tonight, at our evening at the park.


See, once I wanted to take a break from intuitive eating, and go back to a mealplan, the dietish and I had a hard time nailing exactly what I needed down - it took a few weeks of trial and error before we figured out exactly how much food I needed.  And, with all that exploring, I lost some weight.  And that isn't okay.


So last week, my D put me back on weight gain portions.  I don't need to gain a lot, but I do have some to gain.  And, dutifully, I ate what I needed to eat.  Didn't put up a fight about it.  And, this week, I knew I had gained.  All my clothes still fit, but I could just tell.  You usually can.


And so when I went in for my appointment this afternoon, it was indeed confirmed to me that I had gained.  And while I already knew this, just really REALLY knowing it, pissed me right off.

I got grouchy.  And irritable.  All over a little weight gain that I KNEW WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.


What is wrong with me?

It doesn't matter how many times I've been on the weight gain train, and trust me, I've been on it A LOT, I still hate it. 


And it never, EVER gets any easier.  Why is that?

BLARGH FRUSTRATION MOAN LAMENT HISS WHINE. 


Chugga chugga.

9 comments:

Heather Lindquist said...

I hear ya, it sucks while you're on it (the train) but the outcome is a fabulous destination of only good and sweet things.

I love that pic of Mila looking over her shoulder grinning with that passy in her mouth!

And I have a question.....at what age did Cade actually start playing by himself when you took him to the park? I'm awaiting the day when I can sit on the park bench and offer a smile and ocassional wave, lol. Don't get me wrong, I love playing with my little guy.....just not ALL DAY LONG, if ya know what I mean. : )

Fight 4 Ur Lyfe said...

On the bright side, your clothing and shoes look super cute in your photos from today at the park! :)

brie said...

L...there always is a bright side! Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Heather...it took a few years for C to play on his own. Bummer...I know...

po said...

I keep getting distracted by what a beautiful place you live in! Keep on clinging to that train.

Liz Hughes said...

Ya the weight-gain train totally sucks, but sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Arielle Bair, MSW, LSW said...

And yet, better to be the driver of the weight gain train than an unwilling passenger. You know? :-) At least you're not being dragged along by the train... You hopped on of your own free will, hard as it is. So that makes a huge difference. Keep chugging.

brie said...

A, that is such a good point - seriously - I need to remember to look at it from that perspective. actually it helps a ton!

bri said...

I too agree it sucks but good for for stickn with it! By the way I adore ur jeans where did u get those gems?!!!! Love u!!

brie said...

bri, my jeans are rock revivals - i got them at buckle. and i heart them! and you. :)