Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wholesome is the New Gay

Tonight Mama gots a little confused:

You know you’re a bad (or stupid) (unobservant, maybe?) (*cotton-headed ninny-muggin, perhaps?) LDSee (or am I an LDSer? Am I the ee'er or the er'er in this sitch?) living in Utah when you see two well-manicured looking guys eating together (and alone) at a restaurant and assume they’re gay.
Only to realize they are, in fact, missionary companions.

There they were, like, preaching The Word, and I’m wondering what kind of hair gel #1 uses because his tidy little faux hawk looks so good and where I can procure it for Husband, and also thinking that #2’s jacket looks really classy and stylish. (I wish Brandon would wear that type of jacket, she thinks, sighing.)

Sorry, Big Guy Upstairs, for the confusion. But but BUT real proud of You for making approachable looking servants. Go You!

*extra love goes to the commenter(s) that can name the movie that phrase comes from

16 comments:

allegri said...

no idea on the movie, but that is a pretty funny experience!

allegri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It's Elf, of course! (Watching it right now actually :)

brie said...

Mel Mel Mel yes yes YES! Cade says it all the time, and it's totally stuck in my head and I feel like I'm pre-pubescent every time I say it which is A LOT but I can't help it!!

Heather Lindquist said...

That's my absolute favorite Christmas movie Ever!

Anonymous said...

Better than "Buddy the elf, what's your favorite color?" Haha. That's the line that gets stuck in my head all the time.

brie said...

Or: "SMILING'S MY FAVORITE!"

I have a T-shirt with Will Ferell's giant-ass, scary smiling face with that quote on it. I think I shall post a pic of it on my blog, just for you, Mel. :)

Jamie said...

Elf!!!! I love that film. "Buddy the Elf, what's your favourite colour?" hahaha. =D

Krista said...

Man I am not the first to comment, but I knew it was Elf right away! I love that show. My favorite quote is "I love your shirt! It's very purpley!"

Shawnee - Sassy in Sweatpants said...

Elf! And, love you Brie, but it's "Cotton-headed ninny muggins"
:)

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha, I'd love to see the shirt!

brie said...

Oh, Shawnee! I fixed it. ;) thanks for the clarification.

"Does someone need a hug?"

Haha!

brie said...

Oh and tee-hee I LOVE that this post was about "gay" missionaries, yet we've hardly discussed that! "Elf" is a very important topic of conversation, though, so I'm cool 'wid it. ;)

Stephanie said...

ahaha That is too funny. I love a good looking man :)

Michele R said...

Although Elf is our fave at our house I didn't even notice you mentioned it because I was all into thinking how I would think the SAME thing about the two guys...and who is to say that they aren't that way.....truly...?
So I guess I am an older, jaded reader who lives in....Atlanta.
My quote: You smell like beef and cheese.

brie said...

Haha. I also love the quote

"Do you like Syrup, Buddy?"
"Is there sugar in syrup?"
"Uh-huh."
"THEN YES!"