Friday, December 11, 2009

Believe

I woke up this morning, and I was grumpy, naturally, at having to go to work and actually get dressed, and, like, function. I walked in the bathroom at 6 am to pee and didn’t turn on the light because it was too bright; besides, peeing in the dark is fun. (What? I'm so peetarded.)
ANYWAY...I then turned on the shower and jumped in. And when I got out to towel myself off, I (finally!) saw a surprise that I had managed to miss in all my pissy work sucks I want to go back to sleep and eat an I-suck-I-kinda-wish-I-was-dead-cuz-I-don’t-believe-life-can-get-better sandwich. (With avocados, and hold the mayo, please.)

Brandon does not want to partake of that sandwich. And he refuses to make it for me.

Instead, he made me this. (It wasn't a sandwich, but it was still amazing. Although let's be honest, I really could use a sandwich, haha. ;) While I was sleeping, he did something to make me believe.

I BELIEVE IN BRIE, it says.

I BELIEVE. I believe life can get better. I believe I can live a life on earth without Kendall.

I BELIEVE LIFE CAN GET BETTER. "Because she gets what she wants. And she wants to get better."

YOU CAN DO IT. Cade scribbled that Mommy can do it, too.

BRIE...I will do it. I can do it. I believe. And I know you all do, too. Believe in me, I mean.

I believe in all of you, too. You can do it. Just as I can.

19 comments:

Brandon said...

Every morning you will get another message of hope on that mirror. I know you can do it! Thanks for never giving up. I love you way too much for my own good. Cannot wait to see you!

brie said...

Honey Husband Baby Brandon:

(I love alliteration!)

YOU ARE AMAZING. I am blessed to have you.

Thank you.

For everything.

Krista said...

Wow! How sweet! You are definitely loved! I believe you CAN do it. So many people are rooting for you.

Keirelle said...

Aw you guys are so cute! I wish my husband did stuff like that. :)

Cammy said...

Brandon just scored major brownie points with me, for being so good to you. You deserve nothing less!

Hang in there, you've been through a lot this year but every tough experience leaves us with a little bit more strength and a lot more wisdom and perspective. You are in my thoughts, as always.

And WHO looks that good on a pee run at 6 in the morning? Oh yeah, Brie does. ;)

Ivy said...

What a great way to wake up in the morning. You are super cute by the way!
I have a sweet husband too. We have drawn on our mirrors a few times. It adds life to that day, doesn't it!
Cheers and have a great weekend~Ivy

Stacy said...

you CaN and WILL.
love ya!

:o)

Flighty said...

They should clone your husband. He is awesome, and so are you. What a beautiful message!

now.is.now said...

I am smiling so huge for you. You have the best family ever! And what they say is true. I've never even met you in real life, but based off your writing, I can sense the type of person you are - and I know you can do it too!

lisalisa said...

You are so blessed! I am continually amazed by what a neat family you have! This is incredible!

kristin said...

I believe in you Brie. :)

Teresa said...

That is the cutest flippin thing I've ever seen!! He hearts you mucho!!

Alexandra Rising said...

Teary-eyed again. Hormones, perhaps, but that is so thoughtful and lovely. Wowie, wow, wow.
My first reaction would probably be to scream [Blame 'I Know What You Did Last Summer].
My second reaction would be to cry.
I hope that mirror fills you with hope and love!

Telstaar said...

Ooooh that is sooooo amazing! B I'm so glad you have B! (Yes it goes both ways on that one... I'm glad you have each other.)

I believe in you too B (both of you), that you can do this and doing this together you'll get there much stronger than trying to do it alone.

*hugs with love*

Love Telly xo

Courtney said...

Sometimes it's other people believing in us that carries us through til we can believe in ourselves. There's a reason why so many people (including myself) believe in you. You are more than worth believing in.

allegri said...

Brie, you are blessed, well beyond blessed to have the amazing support team that you have. Its great to see these posts because it helps remind me that none of us are in this challenge alone - even if we try to push others out and just sit at our cubes and say "i think i can, i think i can." they are there, they are cheering us on, handing us our boost and screaming "KEEP YOUR ASS RUNNING". Never give up beautiful Brie, because Kendall is right there on the sidelines praying, cheering, loving you. Be healthy, if not for you, for her. (:

t. said...

what a loving, wonderful husband you have!

Suze said...

Totally bawling over here. How awesome that you two wonderful people have each other. And Cade too, of course!

I'm so glad you keep going.

Gena said...

Every woman needs a husband like yours. You CAN do it. I leave notes on the mirror like that for my daughter.

You are awesome and strong and beautiful. Just keep on keepin' on.