Thursday, December 24, 2009

Creepy Christmas

So I was all set this morning to write a poetic and inspiring Christmas message, but then something awfully creepy happened to me this morning, and it’s much more entertaining to write about than the PEACE! and JOY! and GRATITUDE! post I was about to write. Eh. I’ll get to that a little later; I have a much more pressing matter at hand:

So this morning: I was getting in the elevator for work, and I get off on the 2nd floor. (Mama can’t take the stairs cuz her lungs be bad.) I was in the elevator with a man I recognize, because we often get to work at the same time, and happen to get on the elevator together startlingly often. I do not work with him or know his name or anything about him; I only know he gets off on the 6th floor. I nodded to him in greeting, and then looked just about everywhere in the elevator except at him since it was awkward and he’s a stranger (danger!). As I was getting off on my floor, he blurted, “I wish you got off on a higher floor, because I think you’re gorgeous, and it’d be nice to LOOK AT YOU LONGER.”

Holy crapola.
Merry Christmas to me?
Yeah, NOT.
I have the ijjer jijjers. (Shivers.)

10 comments:

licketysplit said...

Oh WEIRD! That is SO creepy. Wow... Just think how awkward it's going to be now. Do you carry pepper spray? Or maybe a knife??

brie said...

S, can you really picture me wielding a knife? Lol he'd take me down in 2 seconds flat! ;)

Teresa said...

Well you are gorgeous but creepy mc-creeperson probably makes you rethink if the asthma attack from the stairs will be worth it! I can just imagine the face you made back at him. Classic.

The Kind Life said...

I would officially have been creeped out... I may even report him! Yikes!

Courtney said...

Freaky! Why in the world do some people think it's normal to say things like this? I mean how are you supposed to respond to that--er, thanks? Hope you don't run into him again anytime soon!

brie said...

I know, right? I think like Teresa said, I'd pry rather run the risk of an asthma attack by taking the stairs than, like, a creepy attack by D-Bag.

Hrrrrmmm.

t. said...

ew. that is seriously creeptastic. someone should revoke his elevator privileges. like, PDQ.

allegri said...

HOLY SCHNIKEZ YIKES!

A good Christmas present to him would be a swift kick in the balls.

Arielle Bair, MSW, LSW said...

Next time you get in the elevator with him, say, "I wish you got off on a lower floor 'cause I think you're creepy and it'd be nice to look at you less." LOL

Michele R said...

I feel AS THOUGH he is harmless (sorry about caps) but I am sorry he made you uncomfortable.
I remember one time when I was 20 something similar happened and I still remember it clear as day 26 yrs later.
Merry Christmas!