Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Infection Blargh

Pretty sure I should be President of the Shameless Headband Wearers Club. I think this one’s quite the doozy. I lurve it, but if you like neither pink nor the 80’s, I wouldn’t recommend it (unless you were going to a costume party or somethin’.)

Eew guys I think my PEGgy is infected. It’s really red and I have sharp pain that comes in waves and it’s bleeding and all sorts of bodily things seem to be leaking from it…I have an appt with the ED doc, since I refuse to go back to my GI doc, but I have to wait till tomorrow. Meanwhile, the pain and gunk and blood are no bueno. It’s at times like these that I really wanna yoink it out. (But I won’t, chill!) I’m waiting for a call from my doc, I think she may want me to get it checked out today rather than wait till tomorrow. This sucks rocks.

I’m so hungry right now I could totally murder a maple donut.

Well, it looks like I’m headed to the ER, the doc just called back. Please don’t freak out (read: MOM) I’m sure by the time you read this I’ll be home and fine. :)

I’m totally going to pick up a maple donut en route to el sucko hospitalo.
And I will murder it.

19 comments:

Heather Lindquist said...

Hi hope everything turns out okay. And yes, maple donuts are amazing!

Lisa and Jim said...

Ack! Hope you're doing okay. Hang in there.

Penny said...

Well, i just read this and I am freakin out especialy because you don't answer your phone. However, love the headband!

Laura said...

the headband is way more fun than the peg

ghost girl said...

yeah! that is a righteous headband! hope everything turns out okay with the peg.

Telstaar said...

Oh Brie! doh!!! I hope the ed can fix you up right as rain...but not with like cotton wool and packing tape cause I'm not sure that would be overly useful hehe. Not funny? Oh :).

I like headbands too, I probably wouldn't wear flower ones, but I do appreciate them to look at and admire. I love things that are sparkly though!!!

*mwah*

Love Telly xo

lisalisa said...

Dood, sorry you're infected (does that belong on a Hallmark or what?)! The headband is hot, however. I hope you wore it to the ER!

Anonymous said...

Yuck. Sounds pretty awful. You know, you essentially got an abdominal piercing. How hardcore is that? Shouldn't you have been wiping down that shiz with Bactine every 5 minutes? ;)

Hey, whatever happened to talking to your GI doc to ask him questions?

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wore a headband yesterday that had a bow on it.

Standing in the Rain said...

awesome headband. hope you got your donut. and hope you are now home resting peacefully after what i can only assume was a LOVELY trip to the ED.

Tanya said...

I really, really hope you are home by now. And that its ok.

My Peg hates me that way too. Its always got some issue or another. Always leakage and growing granulated tissue around it. Evidently thats fairly normal ish. But infections suck really bad. But on the other hand I lurves your headband. I would wear it any day :)

K said...

LOVE the headband - Don't LOVE the PEG. I'm sorry that that thing is such a pain in the ass (or should I say stomach?).

Hangs in there. Love ya.

Keely said...

Did they give you antibiotics? Are you feeling a bit better? I hope you're home safe and sound from your trip to the ER. That sucks. Oh, and I think I will patent lisa's card idea... "Sorry your infected..." and then you open it and it says...something hilariously funny. I'll get back to you on what that statement is. But maybe I won't give it to you because it might make your stomach hurt from laughing, and you won't be infected anymore when the card comes out.

brie said...

hey guys, i'm home. no hospital admission, thankfully. a full update tomorrow.

xo

Unknown said...

It's tomorrow... where's my update?!?

BTW - totally love pink AND the 80's... your headband is rockin'

Sarah said...

I love the headband, I hope you're feeling better babe. xoxo

Dena said...

A flower headband AND dangly earrings~I love it!!

KC said...

glad you made it home! sorry bout the infection. :(

kristin said...

I hope you are well, Brie. Take care.

love, kristin