Monday, January 5, 2009

The Return of Routine AND My BFF

Despite the fact it’s like 11 degrees out and I’m freezing my left boobsicle off, I’m in a good mood. Why, you ask?

Because my BFF lover in the whole world is finally leaving AK and coming to stay with me!!
I’m pretty sure I don’t get why Alaska was invented. Who likes polar bears and sub-zero temperatures? Not me!
But at any rate, she was supposed to get in at like 10 this morning, but then Seattle and their de-icing equipment sucks hardcore and decided they hate her and want to make her suffer, so she’s delayed until like 4. Poor thing. But still, she’s coming! And maybe we’ll go to Red Robin and get some of their fries, which I love so much I could almost take them behind the high school and get them pregnant.

Our new humble abode is coming along nicely. Proud to say we have plumbing, and pretty sure I’ve been promised that they’ll never take my toilet away, so hopefully no poopy accidents on diapers or droppings in special secret places by the shed will ever have to happen again. Time to repress those memories cuz they’re pretty embarrassing slash juvenile slash desperate slash really, really sad. Life can be so cruel.

I’m totally going to give ya’ll a pic tour of the new pad once it’s finished. We still have work to do on the master bath and kitchen and our lusciously delicious oh so amazing walk-in closet slash room for this seamstress bitch goddess (aka the Briester). I’m about to start working on the curtains for the kitchen, and once they’re done, I swear to you on my favorite MEK jeans and clean underwear I’ll most likely never sew any again. It’s time to shake off the selfless and bring on the selfish. I TOTALLY have the cutest sweater wrap thingy I wanna make. Methinks it needs to be made by me. Soon. Curtains never, clothes for me forever!!

I’m kinda glad the holiday shebang is over and the regular ‘ol depressing routine of my life is back. As much as cinnamon candles and sprinkles and presents and New Year’s kisses can be rad, I’m just done. Although I love the way Christmas sugar cookies envelop my mouth, I’m ready to sacrifice that all for some plain 'ol routine. I like routine. You know that. I mean, I have an eating disorder, or maybe I don’t anymore, that’s highly debatable, but I love control and I love routine and I love sugar cookies but surrender I must. (Although not really, cuz we have a bunch in the candy machine thingies at work, so I can always indulge!)

Anyway kids I just saw the time and I gotta bounce. But love you, have a great Monday!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting day!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome. Friends are a great support. And hey, if you wanted more inspiration, you know what your name means? If you watch Desperate Housewives, you do. It comes from Brigh which is Irish and means "noble" or "strong." See, you were named for it. Yaaay.

-Lindsay

K said...

I'm so glad W is coming to live with you! Yay for best friends! Good luck with the next set (and the last set) of curtains!

KC said...

have fun with your bestie!

Laura said...

I'd kill myself and everyone around me if it were not for routine.

Emily said...

I'm glad W is going to come live with you. Is this a permanent thing, or just temporary? Either way, it rocks! :)

I have issues with control and routine as well. Change to my routine messes me up big time. And we won't even GO THERE with the control issues!

brie said...

hey em, whit is staying with us indefinitely at this point. she's renting out a spare room and bathroom. if either of us start to not do well in our recovery, she has to move out, but we're really helping each other and i'm not too worried about it. :)

Anonymous said...

I think we should see reunion pictures!!!

Heather Lindquist said...

I'm a routine addicgt as well. Control is MY THING. It sucks though......most of the time, cuz I can't control much at all, it seems. I too am glad the holidays are over with. I've eaten so many candy canes I have cold sores all along the edge of my tongue. Ouch. It makes me talk with a slur. Also,I've found a new cookie I like......it's from Trader Joe's....they're like oreo's but with candy cane filling in the middle. They are practically orgasmic, well, for us single folk! You should find some and try them.....let me kinow what you think!

Heather Lindquist said...

Oh, and by the way, ginger snaps are super good too.....they help me not feel so nauseated all day, which seems to be an ongoing issue with my wacked out digestive system. Yum, yum. I have no idea why I'm telling you this. I should go to bed.

Krista said...

That's awesome Whit is moving in. I also think you could make some good money uploading a video of you get a french fry pregnant on the internet... just a thought.

Jackie said...

YAY for having your BFF back! Hope you are out having fun biotch!!! :)

brie said...

heather everyone talks about trader joe's, but we don't have one in ut, boo! love you though you candy cane freak!

ps krista when the french fry impregnation happens, i'll def post pics!

brie said...

oh and jb, i'd show you reunion pics except i can't take any cuz whit's passed out next to me snoring on the couch, haha. poor thing hasn't slept for over a day, though, so i'll forgive her. soon though, promise!

xo

rachel ramsay said...

i need to come visit soon.

Heather Lindquist said...

Holy cow...I'm feeling kind of left out...I wanna come and have fun! Did you get my e-mail nerd?

brie said...

racher racher oh please racher come visit?? or maybe sometime when i actually have money we could go ease our blues playing bingo with the native americans and old people?? i miss you i want you i need you oh baby oh baby. call or text.

Laur said...

Can I go with you and Whit to Red Robin?
ps Isn't it so weird/cool how we both get so relieved when the holidays are over?
Love you forever babe

Brooke said...

Sometimes only a best friend can make you feel all cheery inside!