Friday, March 2, 2012

New House

Hello, March!  Hello, kittens!

Meant to update yesterday but then I got too distracted by all this house business.  I am so, so, SO excited to tell you guys that we got approved by our lender, and we have decided to build a house!  Because Brandon got a job farther south, we are also moving about 35 minutes south from where we are now, though for privacy reasons, I won't be saying exactly where we'll be living.  But we are muchos excited.  I have been poring over floor plans and looking at rock and stucco and roofing and crap I've never thought of before.  Do I want carpet or hardwood flooring?  Crown molding or wainscot?  I don't know!  I've never had to decide before, but now that I do, I LOVE IT.  :)

Tomorrow we are meeting with our realtor and builder to secure our lot and sign and get this process going.  As soon as that is a done deal, I have some awesome photos to show you of the home and what the inside will look like.  You gonna be jels, it's sooooo pretty!  ;D

So I'm kind of on a high right now.  Yeah for moving!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ooh very exciting. :) So, wood or carpet? :)

Katie said...

How exciting! Getting a new house is the best!

brie said...

lindsay...
we're going with hardwood. at least, in the dining and hallway and kitchen area. :)

Jonny and Haley said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!

Erin said...

So awesome!!

Agrace12 said...

Congrats to you! How exciting!

t. said...

how exciting!

Alie said...

Yay! How exciting! Have fun with all of the decisions you guys get to make!

Erin said...

My thoughts on flooring: I wouldn't get hard wood upstairs because it'll just be too noisy one floor down. That's my expert advice.