Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On Crying

I’m pretty sure I’m not being dramatic when I say I’ve cried more these past two weeks than I have in, say, almost the entire year. I jokes you not. I’m like Old Faithful. Only people don’t want to crowd around to watch this train wreck.

Last night Brandon and I were waiting in line at the drive thru at Taco Bell (Fetus LUUUURVES crunchy tacos!) and I told him as much. I was like, “Last night while you were asleep, I wiggled my way into your arms and cried. You didn’t wake up. But that’s okay. Sigh.”

And he was like, “Well you always cry when I can’t see you or know you are or when I’m not even conscious! How am I supposed to know you’re bawling in the shower, or when putting on your shoes, or while watching Dora the Explorer with Cade?” (He is saying this teasingly by the way, not in any way trying to hurt my feelings or anything…)

But I can’t help it! I’m just getting all full of baby and hormones and fluids and fat and tears. There’s a lot of excess, here. …Husband then went on to say that usually when he sees me crying, it’s rare enough that he wants to do whatever he can to help me. But now he thinks me crying is so common it’s just part of the circle of life, and he hopes that particular circle ends soon. Or something. (I thought the circle of life had to do with the birds ‘n the bees or at the very least The Lion King?)

The Snuggie helped, though. :)

And when Big B or the Snuggie are not around to help, Bobbi’s around. The other day she lumbered on my lap and so graciously offered her back as a tissue. I grabbed her love rolls and hung on and buried my face in her fur and bawled. As soon as I was done she had two giant wet spots on her fur.
It totally made her purr. My pain made her purr. She’s so selfish. But I love her anyway, holy oh my moly, I love her anyway.

6 comments:

Tanya said...

I can say the crying is a release. And I am glad at least Bobbi enjoyed it. Hope seems to bury into my face when I cry to. She sometimes tries to lick away the tears or at least lick my hands or arm....any open area of skin. I suppose she thinks she can lick the pain away. Maybe Bobbi thinks she can purr the pain away?

Amber said...

That is the biggest pussy cat I have ever seen!! I am not a crier (usually) but pregnancy does something to you and sometimes you can't help it. Hopefully it will end soon. Love ya!

Keely said...

I love "my pain made her purr." That's totally classic. Tucker is just like that. I am sick with a cold laying in bed and all he can do is lay on my already congested chest and purr... At least someone is enjoying themselves. :)

Laura said...

we would all be much happier if we had our own snuggie

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

Snuggies are so great, I only wish they made cool pin-striped ones or came out with like a Hugh Hefner Series Snuggie or something.

Brooke said...

Sorry your eggo is making you cry. and maybe some other external things...I don't know. But I'm here for you if all of those other things aren't. I may not be as hairy or big as bobby, but I may be able to do the trick :)

p.s. try not to inhale bobby's hairs..k?