Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Workin at Optimism

Been a little grouchier today.  I totally woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, and I can't figure out why.  As far as I can remember, nothing especially terrible has happened that would make me hella sadsy.  I guess today is just a day where I need to be a little glum.  HOWEVER, just since I'm trying out this whole optimism thing, I've decided I'm going to write out a list of all the good things that have happened today, to refute the bad:

1. Dietary went well.  And, let's be honest, if the past is any indication, usually it doesn't.  I'm totally turning over a new compliance leaf though, so hopefully I'll have many more good sessions in the future where neither my dietican or I wail and lament and gnash our teeth and rent our clothes. We learned this from the Bible.

2. After dietary, I stopped in the waiting room to change Mila's diaper; girlfriend was eeking pee.  Apparently I forgot to throw the diaper away, because on my way home, I got a call from my therapist.  Her first words to me were, "THANKS FOR THE PRESENT YOU LEFT ME," and I immediately said "DAMMIT!" because I knew right away I must have forgotten to throw away Mila's diaper, it hit me just like that.  We laughed about it, and then hung up.  Why is this a good thing, you ask?  Because when I looked down at my caller ID and saw my therapist was calling me, I started to freak out, you know, something like ohmygoshwhatdidIdonowIdidsomethingwrongbutIdon'tevenknowwhathelpmehelpmeshoooooot.  Because it's not like my therapist calls me all the time, just to laugh.  So naturally, I panicked.  Never mind I couldn't think of anything I had actually done wrong.  I may be trying to be optimistic, but panic is still quick to set in!  ;)

3. My mom is picking up Cade from school and taking him to the aquarium with some of his cousins, so this leaves me lots of time to clean the house and be super productive watch the Animal Planet.  HOW does the Animal Planet manage to keep creeping up in my posts?  I'll tell you why.  It's the START OF AN OBESESSION.
A super flattering angle for her
4. My cat (Bobbi, and here's a pic just to refresh you) just ate a bandaid wrapper.  If I let her, she'd eat almost anything, alive or dead, edible or just plain weird, you know, like a bandaid wrapper.  She wanted to sniff it, so I let her, but I didn't think she'd actually snag it from my hand with her claws and chow it down.  She even got territorial about it when I tried to take it from her, and keeping her from eating a weird wrapper is just not as important as keeping my finger.  Bobbi won this battle, oh, she won.  ...Just goes to show you that people aren't the only folk to struggle with ED's.  Bobbi has a problem.  We mustn't laugh, it's serious!

Sigh.  I really need to clean, and I've been thinking about how I can make this an optimism thing, but cleaning just doesn't make me happy, guys.  It just doesn't.  Sure I love a clean room just as much as the next person, but I hate how hard it is to actually get there.  But I will nonetheless push aside the keyboard and go do my domestic duties.  Have a great day, ya'll!

2 comments:

bri said...

Brie my day was the pits too but for realsies reading your blog made my night;) you are such a good writer and so funny! Love u!

Penny said...

Loved this post too. Also loved for your pseudo biblical references. it gives your blog gravitas( or weight). I think I made a pun. Anyway, I don't think people "rent" their clothes but "rend" . Oh well, what is rend? I am not sure but I love your writing and I always feel better after reading your thoughts.