Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Secret Ambition: to Have a Secret Ambition

Because Ed and I have been joined at the hip for the last, oh, seven years, he has sufficiently robbed me of all my silly, spectacular, and sometimes, perhaps, even possible dreams of grandeur.
No, that’s not right. Grandeur is a dramatic word.
I don’t even dare dream small.
I dream not at all.

It’d be nice to dare to dream again. We all need a break from the monotonous reality of life, do we not?

I could be Something. And it wouldn’t even have to be Something Great. Even Something Small would be lovely. At least. I just need to be Someone, Something.
Anything.

5 comments:

Laur said...

What would you like to be? Make a list and start working on it!
You can do it!
Wanna go to hair and esthetic school with me?
Thats my dream. And I WILL do it. Its just hard to find the right time to do it what with being a mom and all....

Anonymous said...

The process of releasing Ed as a part of one's identity is not easy. It takes time. Pay attention to all the parts that make up who you are. Much as we hate Ed, let's be honest; it's hard to reliquish completely. Identification is so strong.
Ultimately,it's a process worth enduring. Especially since you have Cade. Seeing the world through his eyes. Take care of you as you do him.
-kathy with a k

KC said...

You ARE someone already, but it's great that you're ready to dream again. Don't limit yourself. I like the idea of a list. It's time for us to dream again!

Anonymous said...

You are someone hun. You are an amazing mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, worker, and ultimately just a remarkable person. We are all very lucky to have you. Remember that you are loved!!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered that all of you at this time, just the way you are, is my dream? I never dared dream that I could have you back.
Mom