Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Me Update

Hello my babies!

I realized I haven't really done much of an update on me.  I've been around and blogging, yes, but not really saying much.  So I'll try to add a bit more spice to the blog, with some Brie Updatage.

Well, I got a job!  I am excited.  It's only part-time; 2-3 times/week.  They offered me the job during my first interview, right on the spot, and I hear that's really rare - so I hope that means they really like me and think I'll be a good fit!  It is an entirely different field for me, and very different from the contracting and administrative side of health care that I have most experience in.  I won't be saying where I'm working, for the confidentiality of the clients I'll be working with, but I'm excited.  We need the extra money to pay for my treatment - but aside from that, I'm also excited to be able to get out of the house a couple days a week and do something that I feel like is productive and helpful.  I hope to make a difference.

I am also picking up some freelance and ghostwriting gigs, so if you need any work done, or know of anyone else who does, you can recommend this fabulous girl I know.  Her name is Brie, and she works for cheap.  ;)

Lately my depression has kinda been kicking my butt, and I've felt kind of  low.  I have been trying really hard to get out of this funk and be optimistic and brave and strong.  Sometimes it's so much easier to hide and do negative behaviors and that, of course only makes things worse.  But I am actually feeling much better these past couple days about my general outlook on life, which is good, because on Monday I wasn't sure I could (or wanted) to make it through the day - I was really low - but I feel much better now.  My headache also finally went away, which is also really great.  It's insane how much some pain can completely wipe me out and make me all doomy and gloomy and sad and angry.  Physical exhaustion and pain is terrible.  I'm glad that I don't have to live with it that often.

Still ridin' the weight gain train.  Still hate it.  Still wish I could jump off it or hijack the train and head to Mexico. 

But alas.

I'll sit calmly in my seat with a can of Boost in my hand and smile and smile and pretend I love my expanding thighs.  And I'll wait patiently until I can joyfully get off this damn train.  It'll happen.  It WILL.  Please?  Right guys?  ...Maybe if I think it hard enough, it'll actually happen!  :/

Regardless, it isn't that terrible.  I mean I've done it before, and I know what it entails, and though it isn't easy, I'm quite certain I am capable of doing it.  So it's just a matter of gritting my teeth and buckling down and doing it.  Which I am.

So that's that.

What else?  Not much has happened since coming home from Mex, other than getting into the swing of being with the kiddos and dealing with some terrible insomnia.  Cade's last day of Kindergarten (well,for this year, anyway :) was yesterday, but I'm going to do a separate blog about that.

I guess that's all! 

So in summary:

Got a job - yay!
Weight gain sucks and ALWAYS will
Love my kids

The end.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Glad you're feeling better, and congrats on the job! You were born to make a difference :)

po said...

Congrats on the job! I find that having a job really helps my self esteem - it feels good to be useful. But then I am not a mom, so I don't have kids to be useful to, if I am not working I am just drifting around.

Good luck with the weight gain train, I do believe you can do anything, like find a job and be a mom and write cool stuff, so for sure you can do this too!

Liz Hughes said...

Congrats on finding a job and good luck. I know weight gain sucks but you will get off that train, just hang in there. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Kaylee said...

so happy for you for getting that job! that's a huge accomplishment, I hope you're feeling SUPER proud of yourself. Weight gain does suck, but you'll get through it. Take care!

Jenn said...

congrats on the job!
weight gain does suck but it will be over before you know it ; )

Sairs said...

Maybe instead of saying 'weight gain sucks' say 'weight gain will make me healthy'. I know it's hard but putting it in a positive frame helps so much. I know, I've been there and I live in a bigger body and it really is so much better. I am happy about your news of the job, I am planning on job hunting later on this year when my rehabilitation with my anxiety issues settles but right now, I am exactly where I want to be, I hope you can be too :)
Sarah

allegri said...

*I think I can* *I think I can* *I think I can* *I think I can*

ALL ABOARD! No hijacking the train, although it would be fun to end up in Mexico, the hunger train (yeah, like the hunger games, but the cornucopia has FOOD! {and diet coke} instead of weapons). You are doing great and are such inspiration to the rest of us who struggle.

Congrats on the job! Girl knows this momma needs a little break from the screaming and some time to be with adults - whatever your job may be!

H.O.P.E said...

In a word, YES, it will get better.
Keep fighting the good fight and you will get through this.
You have come too far not to <3