Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Friends

Today I am most grateful for good friends.

To Alana, who laughed at me while I tried desperately to look hot at my photoshoot last night trying to balance in (these were impossible, here, people) ridiculous yoga positions, and much thanks goes to her for helping with my hair and also making sure I didn't get raped and/or murdered...
To Whit who is the only one of my friends to have ever cupped my boobie (see picture below). She is so real and so beautiful and honest and I love that she is constantly in the process of trying to better herself...
To Kyla for inspiring me to be a better person and writer...
To Kate for reminding me to NEVER give up...
To Tracy for making me laugh til my stomach hurts...
To Abby for her sweet reminders at how wonderful life can be, and that recovery is possible.
To Devon. Without her, I would never enjoy breakfast nearly as much...
To Heather, for now I have someone to reminisce about the (good or bad) old days...
To Marissa, because I'm pretty sure you are the only normal person in my family. For loving your crazy aunt and finding humor in Ed...
and Britnie...I never knew that such a kind, un-assuming, non-judgemental person was out there...
and Racher - I enjoy nothing more than somehow laughing at the bitter ironies of life with you...
To Brooke, my kick-ass sister who would run away with me in a heartbeat if I asked her to...
To my mom for tirelessly worrying about my health and well being. It gets a little old sometimes, but I am awed at her ceaseless devotion to keeping me alive. :)
To my sweet husband Brandon for his immortal patience with me...

You all make my life worthwhile!
So thank you from the bottom of my heart.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

Thanks friend! I too am grateful for friends....you make life worth living!

Kate said...

Thank you brie! I'm so grateful to have you in my life. Honestly, you're like, nothing less than awesome!
kisses,
Kate
PS thanks for this blog....it really reminds me to focus on the good in my life rather than the bad. there is just so much good, isn't there?

alana.rachelle said...

reg,
you are such a sweetheart! i am just so glad that we're friends! thank you for the laughs, the cuss words, the inside jokes, and most of all for the limitless friendship. you are truly wonderful!

ps...there's no way joe could have pulled anything- we would have slipped off our stilletos and kicked his ass!!

KC said...

to Brie for inspiring me to keep writing and eating a delicious scary food with me and being so open-minded.

Anonymous said...

aaaahhhh, you're too sweet. I'm grateful for our old and endearing friendship as well. We have much to laugh, as well as cry, about, don't we? It's nice to have friends like that.....old and new alike.