Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Ducks are Always Okay When Bran's Around

My amazing superhero of a hubby saved a whole bunch more ducklings that got themselves caught in another drain/sewer this morning. He called me while I was working, and the first thing he said was, the ducks made it, Brie.

This time a coworker of his was around to take some pics, and I thought I'd post them here, since I lacked (so, so unfortunately) any pictures last time when I posted The Ducks Made it. Enjoy!

And this is a quote Tiptoe sent me, which I thought was interesting - it's regarding the previous ducky post:

"The duck is probably the most common waterfowl. Because of its connection to water, it is linked to the feminine energies, the astral plane, and to the emotional state of humans. Water is necessary for all life on earth. Nothing can live without it. Ducks can remind us to drink the waters of life as well as to nurture our own emotional natures...All ducks have a grace upon water, and as a totem they can help you to handle your own emotions with greater grace and comfort. They serve to teach you how to maneuver through various waters of life..."
Animal Speak, by Ted Andrews




Help Super Brandon!


Ducks are cool!

Husband, Baby Duck, and Brother-in-Law.

13 comments:

kristin said...

There must be a lot of little duckies in SLC! Thank goodness Super Brandon is there to save them all! ;)

Anonymous said...

Your husband is a hero! Love the pics. The duckies need to stop getting stuck in there!

Heather Lindquist said...

How cool!!

Ducks certainly have an odd propensity at getting caught in difficult predicaments. How eerily similar to us humans.

I think God has us down here on earth to be WITH people, to depend on others, to help others, and so on and so forth. He never EVER expected any of us, ducks included, to do it all alone.

You're not alone in any of this Brie.

There are people around you on all six sides (yes, including up and down) who are here to be with you, in mind, body, and spirit, at all times, forever. You are never alone, although I'm sure it can feel that way sometimes.

Please don't forget that we're all here for you...always, even when you're stuck in the darkness and muck. We won't look away and ignore you.

I'm so happy you have such an incredible husband. I moved out east right before you guys even tied the knot, so I feel a bit disconnected in referring to Brandon like this, but you are one lucky ducky (pardon the pun), that's for dang sure!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! That is the sweetest thing ever.

Hang in there.

Jackie said...

Ha ha I love this! You have a GREAT husband!

Emily said...

Brandon is AWESOME! You are so lucky to have him as a husband!

Amy said...

Hey! Here is the story of how I found your blog... we hadn't heard much from you guys lately and I know how much you love to write so I figured you had a blog. So, I just googled your name. That sounds kind of stalker-ish but oh well. Keep me updated! We miss you guys.

Tanya said...

YAY!!!

Your hubby is amazing. I am sure he has an extra drive knowing that saving ducks and you knowing that ducks are being saved and that people can be good...a rescuer of the innocent so to speak, gives you hope. Brie you truly are blessed. Hugs.

Keely said...

I loved that quote and I found heathers response to be so comforting. We are all here to support each other, no matter what obstacles are placed ahead of us (sewer/drain system or the like :)

Brett said...

Brandon is like some super duck hero man! Half duck, half man?

Maybe???

Tiptoe said...

Glad found the quote interesting.

You have a great super-hero of a husband!

As with all obstacles, you'll get past this one too. ;-)

Eve said...

Hi there,

I read this post, and then I went on to read the post you wrote on Sunday, and I had tears in my eyes as I did. You and your husband sound like wonderful people, and the world is a better place because you both are in it.

"The ducks made it."

What a beautiful allegory (at least, I think it's an allegory?). Thank you for posting it.

Love, Eve

PTC said...

YAY!! I'm glad the duckies were saved. It would have been so sad to see them trapped.