Because I only have 6 days left in my pregnancy, I thought I'd share with you the first 6 things I'm going to do once this baby is out of me:
1. DRINK THE BIGGEST DIET COKE I CAN FIND. We're talking, like, an URN full. I drink caffeine-free Diet Coke right now, just for baby's sake, and I know that since I'm breastfeeding I still shouldn't drink too much, but I'll allow myself just one to greedily gulp and enjoy. I can already imagine the burn going down my throat...mmmm.....
2. Flop down on the bed on my stomach. Oh stomach sleeping, I have missed you!
3. Look at my feet, just because I'll finally be able to. As it is now, I can't see ANYTHING below my belly button. (Makes peeing in a cup really problematic! ;)
4. Paint my toe nails. I always keep my toes fun and colorful in the summer, but this summer they have remained woefully bare, as I'm too cheap to get a pedicure right now and I can't reach them on my own. I AM, however, making Big B paint them a bright pink the day before my induction. I want the doctors and nurses to notice my painted toes and acknowledge that at least I'm trying! ;)
5. Run. Or even just walk. I just want to be active, because right now I'm so big and miserable and sedentary and it's driving me nuts. I understand that I won't be able to get any real exercise at first, because after you've given birth, just standing up makes you feel like the entirety of your insides is going to plummet out of your vagina, but give it a few weeks, and I can't wait to use my body again!
6. Wear my old, pre-maternity clothes! I CANNOT WAIT to be able to pull on a cute shirt from Buckle or something again. Half my maternity shirts don't even fit me anymore, you can see my belly poking out, and it's so pathetic. I can't wait to button and zip up pants, rather than pull on depressing jeans with an elastic waistband. I will never take my cute clothes for granted again, I swear. :)