Tuesday, July 5, 2011

35 Weeks

How Far Along: 35 weeks.

Size of baby: According to BabyCenter, she weighs about 5 ¼ lbs and is over 18 inches long. Compare her this week to a honeydew melon. She is getting big!

Total Weight Gain: My doctor announced my weight to me this past week when he walked through the door, even though I had gotten on the scale backward. I freaked out. It’s more than I thought, and I just don’t want to talk about it. So, moving on.

Maternity Clothes: It’s been all maternity, all the time, for a looooong time now. I miss the variety of my non-big-girl size clothes. Sigh.

Gender: Girl! Avery Jane! (or M_____ Jane)

Movement: She’ moving, but things are getting so cramped in there, I don’t feel her roll around as much. Poor thing is all squished up inside me.

Sleep: Sleep is a luxury I am not always lucky to have. I fall asleep easily, with the help of my ambien and anti-anxiety med, but staying asleep is the trick that I just haven’t figured out. Mama’s uncomfortable.

What I miss: being able to shave my legs, paint my toe nails, get from a sitting to a standing position easily, drinking regular Diet Coke, and being able to look down and see my feet.

Cravings: Nah.

Symptoms: Back pain, Braxton Hicks contractions, an incredible ability to pee often and thoroughly, and last night I had my first run-in with edema. I took off my shoes while watching the fireworks and my toes looked like sausages. Awesome.

Best Moment of the Week: Hearing from my doc that I’m going to have this baby in just a few short weeks.

Appointments This Week? Yes, I’m having weekly appointments now. Last week’s appointment didn’t go great (not seeing my regular OB and him announcing my weight, etc) so I’m hoping that my NST and OB apt this Thursday will go off without a hitch.

What I’m looking forward to: HAVING THIS BABY.

One Thing I've Learned This Week: Patience is a virtue that I do not have. These last few weeks or pregnancy are KILLING ME.

Pictures from this week:
At the 4th of July parade

3 comments:

Stevie Jackson said...

Hang in there, Brie! You're almost done!

Cycle of Healing said...

I can't believe you are so far along. It seems like not too long ago that you announced you were pregnant. You are beautiful!

CG said...

Sooo cuuUUUte.

As for that doc, did you kick him in the balls?? Or at least say, "glad to see you can read my chart, did you read the part about ED, jerkface?" Can't wait to see your little bump outside of you!!