Saturday, July 16, 2011

11 Things

Because I only have 11 days left in this pregnancy, I thought I'd show some optimism and share with you my favorite 11 things about being pregnant (if I can think of that many).  They are, in no particular order:

1. Feeling her move!  I LOVE feeling my little chica squirm around inside me, especially after I drink juice or really cold water.  It comforts me to know she is alive and thriving, and I think I'm going to miss her little kicks and punches once she has been expelled from my uterus.

2. The maternity clothes shopping.  Honestly, it was fun!  Who doesn't like shopping for a new wardrobe, even if the clothes you are buying are 438573467 times bigger than your regular clothes, and are shaped vaguely like a tent?  New clothes are new clothes, and I had fun.  :)

3. Getting closer to Brandon.  I've always loved my man, but B and I have gotten really close and developed a really strong bond while I've been pregnant.  He's helped me through thick and thin, which includes all my shrieking out about weight gain and my hormonal/steroidal freak outs...he has never balked at how crazy I am right now, and I love him for it.  I really really do.

4. Buying adorable clothes and baby headbands.  I just got home from the store, having purchased Baby Girl's coming home from the hospital outfit, along with a few bows and a bracelet (it's soooooo teeny!) for her to wear.  I just melt when I see baby clothes.

5. Even though I dislike being pregnant in general, it is kind of cool to know that my body is a freaking sacred vessel while carrying my baybuh.  It's actually amazing what the human body can do...I mean, grow another human being?  That's insane!  And when I think of it that way, it really does help me appreciate my body and all it's doing a whole lot more.

6. Frequent back rubs from the husband, with no guilt when I ask.  I'm only growing another human being for him, the least he can do is knead my back a bit, right?

7. Okay, this is getting hard...I'm going to try to turn some negatives into some positives here...
So, HATE that it's hard to walk around and move and bend over, but kind of appreciate that Husband has taken over a bit more and helped with cleaning around the house.  Also, BIG BONUS: I can't take out the cat litter while pregnant because something in cat feces is bad for the baby when you,  like, inhale it?  (gross.)  So that's been nice, not having to take out stinky pooskies!

8. My relationship with God has gotten a lot stronger since I've been pregnant.  I've had to rely on Him and trust Him more...I've lived in fear every day of this pregnancy, that I'm going to lose this baby girl like I lost Kendall, and relying on God and putting my faith in Him is what has gotten me through.

9. I've really been able to spend some good quality time with Cade, knowing that soon he'll have a little sister around that will (at least for awhile) steal a good portion of the attention away from him.  He is such an amazing kid, and he makes me laugh daily.  I love to get "kissy hugs" from him, which is his version of a big hug and a sloppy kiss.  He is so affectionate and loving, he's smart as anything, and I think he's going to make an amazing big brother, and I can't wait to see him in action.

10. During this pregnancy I learned to crochet.  There's some bonus self-esteem points right there, and I had fun learning how to do it and making some blankies for our little girl.

11. I'm just so grateful I have the opportunity to be a mother again.  After I lost Kendall, we more or less right away started trying again to have a baby, and it took us 11 months to concieve - 11 long months of crying and wondering why I wasn't getting pregnant...I don't mean to whine, because I know many people have had to try longer, but it was tough.  And I was scared something was wrong with my body, and that I wouldn't be able to carry a baby ever again.  But I'll never forget that December morning when that pregnancy test turned up positive...it was the most thrilling, exciting moment I've ever had.  I was immediately filled with gratitude, and vowed I was going to take care of my body and my baby and do whatever I needed to do to bring her safely here.  And I've done that.  Through tears and pain and emotional upheaval, I've made it.  And I'm so glad.  :)

2 comments:

Shanllleigh said...

This is a great blog post! Hoping everything goes great for your delivery and you are holding a healthy, happy baby soon! Best of luck to you guys!

Cammy said...

I'm going to be out of the country and internetless on the big day, so happy birthday in advance to your new little girl!!! I'm glad you're on the home stretch now, tons of respect for you for everything you've gone through to get her into this world.


(Sorry but you get a dose of my nerdness: the bad thing you get from cat feces is toxoplasmosis, comes from the parasite Toxoplasma gondii, a way more than solid excuse to let someone else take out the cat box!)