Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tying Up Loose Ends

So, I went and saw my doctor yesterday for Post-Partum Depression, only our appointment got a little derailed because I was sort of dying.  See, all weekend I'd been struggling with terrible asthma - using my inhaler and nebulizer like Dr. Drew uses his pouty lip or like Tyra Banks over-uses the words "FIERCE" and "DRECKITUDE."  I couldn't function very well because I was wheezing so bad.  It was honestly pathetic.  So come Sunday night, Brandon finally asked me if I just wanted to go to the ER and get all this over with.  I told him that I reallllly wanted to try to make it through the night, as I was seeing my doctor in the morning, and I could save a lot of time and money if my lungs could make it just a weensy longer.  And I did - barely.

So I get to the doctor, and my peak flow was at like 150 - if you're not a lung person, just know that's really bad - and then they took my oxygen saturation, and they were horrified to find out it was at 89 - again, that's BAD.  So instead of really talking about my depression, we more just focused  on me staying alive to even HAVE depression.  Okay, okay, that's a little dramatic, but not by much.  I was seriously in a bad place yesterday.

So, I'm going back in 2 weeks, and hopefully we'll talk more about it then.  She did make a small med change, but honestly I'm not too optimistic it'll help, but I'll try it.  Dying never!  Breathing forever!

And...the Cade Kindergarten Fiasco of 2011 I think went a little better today.  Before school, I asked him if when he went to school today if he was going to be brave or scared, and I told him if he was scared, that was okay, but that we just needed to talk about it.  He told me he wasn't going to be scared, and true to his word, today he went right into class without any problems.  And I don't know specifics of how school went today, but as I was picking him up, I made eye contact with his teacher, and she gave me a thumbs up sign, so I'll take it.  I figure I definitely wouldn't have gotten that had he wreaked all sorts of havoc in class today.  So, progress!  Onward and upward, as my old therapist would (kind of annoyingly) say.

So in case you were wondering, there were some updates from things I've mentioned previously on this blog.  :)

No comments: