Thursday, June 13, 2013

I'm a Grouch Ball

Gosh I have been so grouchy lately.

I have desperately wanted to make this summer fun for my kids, but it seems that every time I try to do something for them, it ends up turning into this giant mess that isn't any fun at all.  And I feel bad, because I'm just so pregnant, and I feel like that makes me perma grouchy and uncomfortable and that sort of makes me impatient with the kids.

Yesterday I started off with great intentions; I was taking the kids to the pool for the first swim of the season.  We only lasted about 2 hours before I was HOT and impatient and sick of the kids whining when I freaking took them to the pool, so I took them home.  We got home, I fed them lunch and got them changed into dry clothes, and for some reason that I still don't get, I was just SO MAD.  I was cutting up a watermelon, well, I really should say WHACKING IT TO PIECES, and finally I just burst into tears.  Brandon happened to call me right then, and in tears I just told him I didn't know how I was going to get through the rest of my day.  He surprised me by coming home a couple hours early, and just working from home, and he promptly sent me upstairs to the bedroom where I locked my door, settled under the cool sheets with my kitties, and took a lovely nap.  That really helped.

But I just hate feeling this impatient and mean and grouchy.  I don't want to be like this.  I hope this is just a passing thing, and not something that my poor kids are going to have to endure all summer.  :(  I want to be nice!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

the heat is enough to make anyone grouchy, let alone a preggo pants. i know it's tough, but your babies know you love them, even when you have a bad day!

Elizabeth said...

Brandon sounds SO incredibly nice. You're really lucky to have someone so supportive around all the time, it's great!!
Also, never underestimate the ability of the nap! Your mere description alone made me swoon for my bed. Haha!

Blogger said...

I just got a payment for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can make filling out paid surveys online...

So I took a video of myself actually getting paid $500 for paid surveys.