Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

I had quite the grand Easter weekend. I started it by taking Cade to see “Hop” on Friday afternoon to get him psyched for the Easter Bunny coming this weekend – and it was alright – I mean, I had fun with Cade, but the movie was only okayish to me. I don’t know what’s up with me, but lately I just CANNOT sit through a movie – I get bored and restless, so I think I had more of an ADHD problem during the movie than my 4 year old did – seriously. By far the funniest line of the movie was when the Easter Bunny (who poops jellybeans) said, “I’m sorry I JELLYBEANED all over your dreams.” I was totally cackling, and, like, I was the only one in the theater doing so. Hate when that happens!

Watching "Hop"
Saturday night we went to the Bees game – they were doing a firework show after the game, and B and I thought it’d be fun to go and take C, as he’s never been to a baseball game before. Um, it was COLD. It got to the point where I wasn’t sure I could sit there any longer, and I was even wearing my big froofy winter coat, so B told me to go see if I could find somewhere to buy a blanket. So, I found one – it was plush and soft and deliciously warm – but cost 50 bucks – but I gratefully bought it anyway - I just found it ironic that I bought a blanket to sit at a game that cost double what the tickets even cost us. Oh well, can’t put a price on family fun, right? Cade had soooo much fun, and when the whole crowd sang “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” his eyes were bright and shining and he was smiling so big – I hope, in my whole life, I NEVER forget the look on his face. It was perfectly happy, and that makes me so happy.  And, even the fireworks show was good – they didn’t cheap out on us at all, so even though I nearly went into a Hypothermic coma from the cold, I’m glad we went, if even for the experience of it all.

Numb from the cold but having fun nonetheless.
Yesterday, of course, was Easter, and the Easter Bunny definitely stopped by our house. Cade was so excited to see that not only had the Easter Bunny left him a basket full of his favorite candy (mostly Kit Kats and Twixs and Reese’s) but he’d also left him sidewalk chalk and a Batman kite (he’s been wanting that for awhile) but also a new big boy bike with a new helmet – he LOVES it.  So, despite the crappy weather this Easter weekend, he rode his bike a ton. (When I told my therapist that the Easter Bunny was bringing Cade a bike, her direct quote was, “Holy shit, the Easter Bunny is moving up in this world. I just got a candy bar when I was a kid.” Guffaw.)

Check out his new ride.
I don’t ever get mushy gushy religious on my blog, but Easter Sunday at church was really great too. I’ve decided that holidays (and the real meanings of them) mean so much more when you have a child to share them with. Yesterday was full of family from both sides – we had a wonderful Easter feast at my parents house with many of my siblings, and then we went to Brandon’s parents house afterward and had an Easter egg hunt with all the grandkids – it was a lot of fun.

So here it is, Monday, and I’m Easter candy-ed out but happy I had a great weekend. Hope you all did too!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a great weekend. Isn't Easter the best? And you're right...holidays take on a whole new meaning with kids. As I was watching little J run around and find easter eggs the other day it hit me that it's the moments like this that make all the sleepless nights and exhausting times worth it.

Cade is darling and I love the pic of you freezing your buns off!

battleinmind said...

Looks and sounds like a great weekend! So pleased you and C had fun :)
xxx

Krista said...

We got Jax... I mean the Easter Bunny...got Jax a new bike and helmet too. We got this funny helmet from Target that makes his head look like a shark. Glad you had a good weekend. I have next Friday off (May 6th) and have a doc appointment at 3 in Murray. Want to hang out sometime before 3 that day?