Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Miss 5 Months

My little pint-sized bean pole is 5 months old today!  I can't believe she's already getting so old...it's hard for me to believe because she's still so tiny, plus she doesn't really do anything cool, so she kind of seems like a newborn to me still.  But soon I think she's going to be sitting and holding things and maybe even getting a full-time job.  Woo hoo!  ;)

A pint sized furry vest!  Oh my heart!

A few things about Mila:

Nicknames: Miss Mila, Mees, LoverPants, MK (stands for Mila Kunis), Posh Spice, Mila Bean

Mila finally rolled over a few days ago - from stomach to back.  She still can't roll from back to tummy, but hopefully she'll get that soon.  I was so relieved because I was worried about her IQ.  ;)  She is starting to seem a bit more interested in toys, but not much.  So, what does she do all day?  EAT.  She loves her ba ba's.  She also loves to blow spit bubbles.  More on that later.

It was so fun having Mila here for Christmas.  I remember last year at Christmas, I had only found out a few weeks prior that I was pregnant, and it all seemed so surreal...I was already morning sick, but other than that, it seemed so hard to believe I actually had a baby in my belluh, and because I'd lost Kendall, I was really doubtful that I'd even have Mila - I was pretty convinced that something would go wrong.  So to have her here...it was such a delight.  It really was.  She of course had no idea it was a holiday, but she smiled and dutifully looked fantastic in her Christmas outfit.  Good girl!

Mila is a champ sleeper.  She rarely wakes in the night.  In fact, Christmas night she slept from 10:30 pm to 10:30 am.  I honestly think it was her Christmas present to me.  And I loved it!  She's a much better sleeper than Cade ever was, and I'm so grateful for that.  By 1 years old Cade wasn't even sleeping through the night...it was rough.  So this has been a fun surprise.

Mila is a massive spitter.  It's gross, seriously.  She soaks her shirt within an hour of wearing it.  I can't decide if she's teething...I see no evidence of it yet, and she's not acting like she's in any pain, but the drool situation is a little out of control, and not very becoming for a little lady.  Oh wellsies.

Anyway, I love my lil chica.  Can't believe she's growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Tia said...

you two look so happy. it is truly a picture of joy. happy holidays!